It seems the managerial skills are not important; talking, listening, writing, reading or learning; those are not linked to the principles of no manager at all, let alone for a course of MBA! But you can be sure that the CEOs have not advanced or declined in their career with the knowledge they have from other more complex tools of management. They have regressed or progressed with the ordinary and primitive managerial skills.
By this reasoning, the good footballers are not the best because they have learnt kicking the ball from the head. They completed and matured their primitive ordinary skills, obtaining daily learning and educational progression for their primitive skills and talents, similar to all sportsmen, music players and actors. Only the managers suspect the casual managerial skills are below their level.
The problem of casual skills of management is that we all suspect we know how to talk, read, write and listen and do whatever the managers conduct every day, like them.
In a simplistic glance, it is true: you are reading this text. So, you know how to study. Let’s look from a rear point: do others know how to read and realize the text?
Hence the new methods to use the old primitive skills shall be learnt and applied to those of management and lifestyle as well.
The seven stages of persuasion and talking are as follows:
- Preparation and the aim: you shall initially inform the staff or the audience in the session properly as to what you demand and what this talk is intended to achieve for them.
- Coherence, consistency and amity: you shall make the ambit of talk and comprehension friendly among the participants, and also acquaint with all before or during the talks.
- Situationality: you shall consider the situation and the conditions betwixt you and the rest, such as the company’s board of directors to mitigate disputation regarding the situations in the company.
- Benefit: if you are seeking an aim, it means you know its benefits. But that does not mean the others in the company or in the talk with you would know the benefits of this aim.
- Simplification: the talk and the wording shall remain simplistic, at the most facile way of representing.
- Disputes: you shall remain ready to cope with the wrangles from the others against your talk, your goals and what is being talked amongst them.
- The next stage: if you reach an agreement in the talks with the rest, in the company or any other place and situation, you must notify all about the next stages, meaning the things that will be happening next or what shall be conducted at the time. If not, you must return to stage 3 afresh.
Most managers and staff presume that the good way to influence others is to be talkative and orate a lot for them. It may be so but after some encounters this trickery will diminish in its effectuation. Thus, listening does not mean accepting. It rather is the collecting of information with precision and comprehension about the topic of the dispute or the subject of talk, mutually, before commencing talking to the others.
It is based on how deeply you are sentient of the topic of the talk. If you are not well-informed of it or not properly comprehending the topics and the aim, you won’t be able to convey a good-based talk and presentation to the audience because you yourself have not understood the topic of debate yet.
- Write for the real reader: Initially consider to whom you write and speak. If you wrongly opt for the method of writing and wordage, it won’t become effectual for the readers of that topic.
- Story-tell: the writing shall be planned and segmented into stages in the book or the text after each of which, the reader will obtain new information like a story.
- Be simple: short wordage and laconic sentences will make it easier for the reader to understand the text.
- Verbs: the passive verbs and the ostentatious wordage that won’t be effective for an ordinary text aiming to convey a meaning and an understanding to its readers are not recommended.
- Talking with data and reality: to affirm what you are debating and talking about, you should put data and real examples in the text.
How to relate and communicate with others?
You shall find a proper situational communication and its tool and stance. For each situation, and every kind of talk, there is its own tools and ways of communicating. For example, telephoning sometimes is better than talking in-person. Sometimes, the reverse works better: talking vis-à-vis is better than telephoning. It all depends on the situation and the needs of the talk.
Principles of Communicating
- Quickly relate and communicate with others.
- Communicate abundantly and repeat your communication.
- Constancy and fixation on what you want to talk about and communicate works in all situations.
- Simplicity is the major principle of communicating with others. The talk to convey your aims and meanings must remain simplified.
- You should deploy a variety of media not just one form of media, to intercommunicate with others in different manners.
- Be wary that others who may dislike you or may not be relevant to your job are very likely to jeopardize your social stance, so be causious not to wrongly communicate or inform them on the media or in talks.
- Often, for the confidentiality of talks and security it is not recommended to speak in public places as others may listen to the talks and the information may be vicariously transferred by reporters to newspapers and rivals.
- Negativity: if you speak with negative a view on the topics and about the people it won’t yield the effectual and proper influence that you aim for on the mind of the audience.
ETIQUETTE AND MANNERS
You shall behave decently, politely and accordingly, all aligned with the situation and people. Behaving out of situation won’t result in proper outcomes.
CLOTHING AND ATTIRE
- Either the attending person from your party wears the same clothes as others have worn in the session.
- Or the person wears differently and he chooses what to wear in various situations.
You can either look at others and their clothing, to obtain a sense, or decide what to wear from past experiences, considering the social atmosphere.